|World Vision can be a bridge between your church and those most affected by the AIDS pandemic: As a member of World Vision's Hope Church Alliance, you can partner with other Metro NY churches in reaching out to communities in a specific country that’s been hard-hit by HIV/AIDS.|
How can you help?World Vision's Hope Church Alliance will equip you to serve one of three specific regions around the world, while working side-by-side with other churches in your area. These countries of focus are Rwanda, Uganda, and the Dominican Republic.
|As a Hope Church Alliance member you will have the opportunity to make a real impact in a variety of ways:
- Prayer — World Vision's Hope Church Alliance, in partnership with Concerts of Prayer, will equip you and your congregation with regular prayer updates.
- Education — You can send a team of church members to the country you have chosen to support and see your projects in person. Or, you can join a team of local pastors to share in a training or leadership session abroad. In addition, leaders from your partner country may also visit you in the United States.
- Engagement — As a Hope Church Alliance member, you are invited to participate in World Vision programs such as child sponsorship and the 30 Hour Famine. You may also contribute to special projects that provide access to clean water, health care, reliable food sources, education, housing, and microenterprise opportunities for poor families.
- Advocacy — You are encouraged to invite new partners into the Alliance. As a committed partner, you will be provided with World Vision materials to share your vision with other churches.
- Local outreach — Through our facilities in the Bronx, World Vision can provide your congregation with life-transforming volunteer opportunities.
Please join us now
You can join one of these current Hope Church Alliances, or start a new one in your area!
For more information, please contact Linda Nolan, Hope Church Alliance Coordinator at 212.736.2997, ext. 249 or by email.
- Connecticut Churches — Rwanda
- New Jersey Churches — Rwanda
- New York Churches — Rwanda
- Greater New York Churches — Uganda
- Greater New York Churches — Dominican Republic