- Consider you sponsored child's environment and culture. Be sensitive to not mention your material possessions or money, as this could make you child feel uncomfortable or deprived.
- A simple one-page letter is ideal. Share about yourself, your family, and your interests. Write about children you know. Use colorful pens and decorate your letters!
- Let your sponsored child know that you are praying for him or her. Find out about the customs, climate, culture, and country where you child lives. You'd be surprised what you might have in common!
- Encourage your sponsored child in their education, hobbies, and endeavors. If you wish to tuck something special into the envelope along with your letter, please follow these helpful guidelines:
- Send only flat, inexpensive items that can easily fit into a 6" x 9" envelope. A few ideas are photos, bookmarks, stamps, and stickers.
- Mail your envelope to the address printed on your child's picture folder. Please do not send it to our World headquarters address in Washington. Any packages or items sent to our Washington address will be given to a local charity.