To protect the privacy of children, this map shows only the general area of the community, not the exact location.
The needs in Chancho, Ethiopia
What does this mean?
World Vision is privileged to offer sponsorship in many communities where the majority of the families we serve are not Christian. When working in these communities, we not only abide by local laws and customs but also strive to show respect and honor to those of different faiths.
Life cycle of a sponsorship community
World Vision has been in this community for 27 years.
Chancho, Ethiopia is in Phase 3
PHASE 1: Years 1-3
- Listen to desires and concerns of community leaders
- Partnership with community begins
- Outline needs and resources
- Child sponsorship begins
PHASE 2: Years 4-9
- Community members equipped and empowered to bring change to their own lives
- Children benefit from life-changing projects
- Community embraces project ownership
PHASE 3: Years 10-close
- Years of hard work continues to transform lives
- Community self-sufficiency grows
- A sustainable plan for the future is determined
- World Vision leaves
World Vision has a unique community development model. LEARN MORE.