As the world’s leading nongovernmental provider of clean water in the developing world, World Vision is reaching one new person every 10 seconds with clean water and one new person with handwashing promotion as well. Learn about five examples of our water work around the world.
Why World Vision is in Mali
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Mali
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Families are joining savings groups and taking classes on personal finance to help them provide for their children over the long-term.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Families now have access to clean water less than 30 minutes from their homes after World Vision helped establish clean water supplies in several communities.
- Communities and homes were equipped with toilets and hand washing stations, so that families can stay healthier and limit the spread of disease.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Teachers were equipped with new strategies to teach reading so that they effectively help more kids as they learn to read.
- Schools and literacy programs were equipped with thousands of books and resources to get kids excited to read more.
Prayer Requests from Mali
World Vision's staff in Mali are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
The thousands of vulnerable children and families who have been displaced from the country’s internal conflict.
World Vision’s frontline staff who are delivering needed aid in difficult circumstances.
News from Mali
Once an emerging force for democracy in West Africa, Mali has struggled to maintain stability since a 2012 coup. Conflict continues, and increasingly severe droughts and the coronavirus have added to the country’s challenges. Children and families need food security, healthcare, and protection.
World Vision’s award-winning photographers travel around the world every year, capturing moments of God’s grace and faithfulness as we follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. They bring back stories that inspire us to action and compassion.
Enjoyed learning about Mali?
Now discover another country: