Child labor and exploitation, female genital mutilation (FGM), and human trafficking are among the greatest evils in the world. Pray with us for an end to all harm against children and for World Vision’s work to protect children.
Why World Vision is in India
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in India
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children's clubs in India are empowering kids to make their communities safer. Children are learning about child protection and strategies to reduce violence and promote children's rights.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- To improve children's health, mothers attended training sessions on a variety of topics such as nutrition, early childhood development, and healthcare. Mothers also received prenatal and postpartum healthcare.
- Children were empowered to help keep themselves healthy after learning about the importance of immunizations and good hygiene in preventing diseases. Also, more than 16,000 children received buckets and hygiene kits including items such as soap and gloves.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Students are learning leadership skills that they can use to improve their communities. They are also receiving support to plan for their futures and develop the skills they need to reach their goals.
- Schools around India were updated to provide a better learning environment and encourage more kids to stay in school. Students also received resources to help them stay in school, including bikes for commuting and school supplies for their classes.
Prayer Requests from India
World Vision's staff in India are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Peace in the country, especially during elections and in the regions most affected by violence and hate crimes.
Our campaign to end sexual abuse of children would reach our goal of 10 million children and 4 million adults with awareness about how to prevent abuse.
News from India
As India struggles with the COVID-19 pandemic, a young girl lost her father but wasn’t able to say goodbye. World Vision is raising funds to scale up our support for hospitals and community centers, including providing oxygen concentrators to help with the shortage.
Enjoyed learning about India?
Now discover another country: