Child labor and exploitation, female genital mutilation (FGM), and human trafficking are among the greatest evils in the world. Pray with us for an end to all harm against children and for World Vision’s work to protect children.
Why World Vision is in India
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in India
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Thousands of families were supported with cash, vouchers and food assistance to help meet their basic needs amidst the pandemic-related lockdowns.
- Teenagers were empowered to take charge of their health. Teens attended health programs where they learned strategies to care for their health.
- Expectant mothers attended pre-natal courses that equipped them for a healthy pregnancy. Once babies were born, new mothers received care from a healthcare worker to ensure both mom and baby were healthy.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- As school shifted to remote, kids were given educational items to support their learning from home.
- Hundreds of preschools were updated, giving more kids access to early education.
Prayer Requests from India
World Vision's staff in India are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For children who have been out of school for over a year, especially those who don’t have any way to access online or remote learning.
For children who are at risk of being pushed into — or who already face — abusive situations like child marriage or child labor as a result of the pandemic.
News from India
As India struggles with the COVID-19 pandemic, a young girl lost her father but wasn’t able to say goodbye. World Vision is raising funds to scale up our support for hospitals and community centers, including providing oxygen concentrators to help with the shortage.
Enjoyed learning about India?
Now discover another country: