Christian rock band Big Daddy Weave has traveled the world seeing World Vision’s work. Hear from band members about how seeing the work has changed them.
Why World Vision is in Tanzania
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Tanzania
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- More children are able to access key government services, such as being enrolled in school, after their parents or caregivers were able to obtain birth certificates for their kids.
- Children are better provided for after their parents or caregivers learned how to increase their income. Community members attended training sessions on entrepreneurship, business plans, and how to create savings groups to grow their businesses and support their families.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Mothers and caregivers received training on good nutrition for their children and learned how to prepare healthy meals.
- Children have access to safe drinking water and are better protected from illnesses after water filters and new latrines were installed in schools. Children also learned hygiene practices, such as good hand washing, to help prevent diseases.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- More children are enrolled in school after their parents learned about the importance of education for their children's future. Also, parents are more involved in their kid's education as they were given tools to support their studies at home.
Prayer Requests from Tanzania
World Vision's staff in Tanzania are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Church partnerships to help end child marriage will be successful.
The country to be politically and economically stable so families can have enough income to meet their children’s needs.
News from Tanzania
Pray for East Africa with us, especially for World Vision’s work in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Let’s lift up the concerns of the families and children of these nations to our heavenly Father and listen to what He has to say to us about them.
The Kayombo family was just barely getting by as cassava farmers, but a successful livelihoods project changed everything. Read their story.
Enjoyed learning about Tanzania?
Now discover another country: