This Christmas, the World Vision Gift Catalog features new handcrafted gifts in the celebrity-designed, artisan-made collection. Read the stories behind the fair-trade artisans around the world who create these unique gifts.
Why World Vision is in Tanzania
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Tanzania
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Orphaned and vulnerable children were supported through community savings groups.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Handwashing stations were built in communities to help stop the spread of infectious diseases.
- Faith leaders were trained to help their communities stay safe from COVID-19 using resources and educational materials provided by World Vision.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Teachers were given supplies and training to support them as they shifted to teaching children remotely.
- Girls have improved access to school after several schools were equipped with gender specific bathrooms.
Prayer Requests from Tanzania
World Vision's staff in Tanzania are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Church partnerships to help end child marriage will be successful.
The country to be politically and economically stable so families can have enough income to meet their children’s needs.
News from Tanzania
Enjoyed learning about Tanzania?
Now discover another country: