The World Vision 2021
Gratitude Challenge Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility:The World Vision 2021 Gratitude Challenge Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of World Vision, Inc., (Sponsor) or its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: World Vision, Inc. PO Box 9716, Federal Way, WA 98063. (253) 815-1000.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Weekly Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes will run from November 1 through November 25th. It consists of nine (9) separate prize giveaway posts. Posting plan for Gratitude Giveaways:
- Melissa Joan Hart: November 3
- Danica McKellar: November 5
- Wé McDonald: November 6
- Patricia Heaton: November 10
- Debbie Macomber: November 12
- Meagan Good: November 14
- Breegan Jane: November 17
- Kristoffer Polaha: November 20
- Leanne Ford: November 23
- : Entry requires taking one of the following steps:
- Share a post about the 2021 World Vision event, on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account;
- Tag a friend;
No limit on entries per prize.
- Prize: Each post will feature a different prize drawing and will award one of the following prizes:
- “Wrapped in Hope” dip-dyed scarf by Patricia Heaton
This vibrant coral, white, and gray scarf is handmade by artisans in Viet Nam who earn fair-trade wages for preserving their traditional silk-production methods. Generously sized at 20″ x 70″.
- “These Three Remain” rose gold–toned bracelet by Melissa Joan Hart
Three brass bangles bearing the words “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love” are connected with a delicate 3/4″ heart. Handmade by women artisans in India supporting their families through fair trade earnings. Approx. 2 1/2″ diameter.
- “Circle of Strength” upcycled coasters by Breegan Jane
Woven of local papyrus grass and threads from recycled flour and sugar sacks by women artisans in Tanzania, including refugees from Burundi, who are earning fair trade wages. Set of four, approx. 4″ diameter.
- “Love and Grace” silver-toned necklace by Danica McKellar
Crafted in a fair-trade group in India, this necklace features a 20″ silver-tone double chain with ruby-colored glass beads and front toggle closure, 2″ silver-tone tassel, and 1″ ruby-colored stone pendant.
- “Around the Table” color-block salad servers by Leanne Ford
These unique salad servers are handmade by expert woodworkers in India earning wages that enable them to provide healthcare and education for their spouses and children. Mango wood with white resin accents, approx. 12″ x 3″.
- “Further Together” waxed string bracelets by Kristoffer Polaha
These adjustable bracelets are hand-braided in India by skilled women artisans in a fair-trade group that ensures regular wages. Set of 3 (light gray, orange, and yellow); waxed cotton thread with metal caps.
- “Bonded Together” tote by Wé McDonald
These fair-trade, faux suede and cotton totes are crafted by women artisans with disabilities in Vietnam who are gaining independence. Approx. 16″ x 8″ with 9″ drop; zipper closure.
- “The Tie that Binds” wrap bracelet by Meagan Good
This gold-tone and taupe double-wrap bracelet is created from iron chain and durable cotton cord by a fair-trade group in India using special knotting skills handed down for generations. Approx. 18″, including 2″ adjustable extender.
- Debbie Macomber virtual coffee chat
This is a one-on-one virtual coffee chat with Debbie Macomber.
- Selection of Winners: Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the individual promotion period. One prize will be awarded for each social media post. The drawings will be held on after each post. The prize winner will be notified by tag in the comments of each giveaway post on Friday after the post. Prize will be mailed to winner after they respond to our tag comment and private message us their information. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All federal, state and local taxes associated with receipt or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Release: By receiving any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, World Vision, Inc., and its affiliates and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the agreement that World Vision can contact participants with texts and/or emails after the promotion period has ended.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical or human error or intervention which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (3) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of Washington state.