fight the spread of
fight the spread of COVID-19!
As the global coronavirus crisis continues to grow, your donation will help provide essentials both in the U.S. and abroad. Here are some of the ways your donation can help make an impact:
- $75 can provide a Family Emergency Kit for a vulnerable family in the U.S. Each kit provides a week’s worth of food for a family of five, along with hygiene and protective items, educational resources for kids, and other essentials.
- $41 can provide training for a faith leader in a developing country to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their community.
- $26 can provide a family a two month’s supply of anti-bacterial soap.
Partner with World Vision in
- Stopping the spread: Promoting preventive measures to stop or slow the spread of COVID-19 (water, sanitation, and hygiene; health messaging; community engagement)
- Supporting safe treatment: Supporting health systems and workers
- Providing basic needs: Supporting children and families made vulnerable by COVID-19 (food, education, psychological care)
A history of taking action in the face of fear
As the global coronavirus crisis continues to grow, your donation will help provide essentials both in the U.S. and abroad, like face masks and gloves for health workers; anti-bacterial soap, hand sanitizer, and emergency food for children and families; and health training to keep everyone safe. World Vision has been responding on the ground since the beginning of the outbreak, meeting critical needs around the world. Today our staff are reaching at-risk communities with supplies both here in the U.S. and in every country where we work.
In developing countries, we equip faith leaders to engage their communities when epidemics arise. Our experience responding to Ebola and Zika has shown that trusted faith leaders can effectively lead their communities to slow the spread of diseases like COVID-19. We continue to actively train these leaders to combat fear, stigma, and misinformation, and encourage healthy, high-impact behaviors like handwashing.
World Vision has extensive experience in supporting social and behavioral change in the face of global disease outbreaks, including polio, Zika, H5N1, and the Ebola crisis. Our responses to past epidemics have resulted in real breakthroughs in reducing the spread of disease, so we have what it takes to engage communities in addressing the threat of COVID-19. We’re working to provide face masks for health workers; thermometers, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes for children and families; and health training where needed to keep everyone safe. Your donation will bring hope and share the love of Jesus by helping to procure, ship, and deliver these critical resources to those in greatest need.