Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- World Vision trained community volunteers to advocate with local authorities so that vulnerable children were able to receive birth registration. These documents give them access to healthcare, education, and child protection.
- World Vision improved food security and childhood nutrition by training farmers on improved techniques and providing seeds and livestock to families.
- Our new savings groups provided interest-earning savings accounts and small, affordable loans for people who didn’t have access to traditional banking services, empowering them to plan for the future, start businesses, and meet their children’s basic needs.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- World Vision empowered communities to prevent and treat child malnutrition by identifying and rehabilitating at-risk children and by training community health workers on childhood nutrition so they could educate new parents.
- To improve access to safe water, we worked with local water committees to construct and rehabilitate more water springs.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- We provided vocational training in trades like sewing and hair styling, and taught courses in small business management to help young people secure jobs and contribute to family income.
- We conducted regular reading camps for kids as part of the Literacy Boost program used by World Vision. Literacy Boost teaches kids letters, vocabulary, fluency, and reading comprehension.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Our local staff served children and families as a demonstration of God's unconditional love, seeking always to be faithful ambassadors of Jesus, the reason for our hope.