Hundreds of millions of people don’t have clean water close to home, or available at all. Here are the 10 worst countries for access to clean water.
Why World Vision is in Niger
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Niger
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Community members were equipped to advocate for and protect children in their communities after attending child protection trainings.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Farmers attended trainings in sustainable agricultural practices, helping to ensure nutritious food is available for their children and the community.
- Children who needed nutritional support had improved access to care after World Vision led trainings for caregivers and community members on nutrition and established nutrition programs.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Community members were empowered to run literacy groups so that children have access to additional support as they learn to read and write.
- Schools and literacy programs were equipped with thousands of books in local languages with regionally specific stories to get kids excited to read more.
Prayer Requests from Niger
World Vision's staff in Niger are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For the restoration of peace, particularly in the surrounding countries where violence and instability are common.
For the democratic presidential transition to carry forward, that the government would establish strong and stable institutions.
News from Niger
Child marriage is a violation of human rights. Marrying as a child compromises a girl’s development and severely limits her opportunities in life. Get the child marriage facts and learn how you can help end it.
650 million women alive today were child brides, and millions of girls are at risk of marriage each year. For many, child marriage means a life of hardship, ill health, and low educational achievement. Find out the 10 worst countries in the world for child marriage and how to help prevent it.
Enjoyed learning about Niger?
Now discover another country: