About 82.4 million people worldwide have been forcibly displaced. Learn the countries where most refugees come from, why refugees flee, and how you can help address the plight of refugees, especially children.
Why World Vision is in Bangladesh
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Bangladesh
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children are better protected after parents, kids, and faith leaders learned about children's rights and how to take action against violations of their rights and safety.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children enjoy better nutrition after their mothers or caregivers received training on preparing healthy meals using ingredients that are locally available and sustainable.
- Women in Bangladesh can now access better prenatal healthcare, and they learned about the importance of breastfeeding their babies.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- More than 20,000 youth are better prepared to earn a steady income after they received vocational training.
- Children are advocating to improve their schools and communities, and teaching their peers about proper hygiene and safe internet use.
Prayer Requests from Bangladesh
World Vision's staff in Bangladesh are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
The government would create laws that benefit our programs to help the most vulnerable people.
Our advocacy efforts for gender equality will have real impact, especially in better working environments for women.
News from Bangladesh
There are more refugees in the world than ever before, and their needs have never been greater, not only for the basic necessities of life, but for hope and opportunities to be self-sufficient. Find out more about the global refugee crisis.
Enjoyed learning about Bangladesh?
Now discover another country: