There are more refugees in the world than ever before — 27 million — and their needs have never been greater, not only for the basic necessities of life, but also for hope and opportunities to be self-sufficient. Find out more about the global refugee crisis.
Why World Vision is in Bangladesh
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Bangladesh
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Several caregivers became active members of local savings groups, which help them provide for their children.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Farmers received supplies and training in sustainable agricultural practices, ensuring nutritious food is available for their children and the community.
- World Vision staff helped widely distribute hygiene kits and information about protecting against COVID-19.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- New facilitators received training on strategies they could use to support kids as they learned to read. Additionally, 15 new reading groups, which provide a space for children to practice their reading skills, were established
- Children in communities around Bangladesh were given the tools they need to succeed at school. 1,200 items were given to children to support their education.
Prayer Requests from Bangladesh
World Vision's staff in Bangladesh are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For children and families’ wellbeing, especially those who are most vulnerable because of the pandemic’s challenges.
For all the frontline workers who are serving others during the pandemic.
News from Bangladesh
Rohingya refugees in Cox’s Bazar share moments of their lives — beyond the tragedies they’ve endured — since fleeing their homes in Myanmar. Join us in praying through their stories as they continue to face challenges and look for hope during this prolonged crisis.
Enjoyed learning about Bangladesh?
Now discover another country: