Pray with us for Southern Africa — for malaria prevention in Mozambique and Zambia, people living with HIV and AIDS in Eswatini (Swaziland), and for peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Why World Vision is in Eswatini
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Eswatini
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Faith leaders were trained to run our parenting workshops and support groups, to help families provide safer and more loving homes, free of abuse and violence.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- More people now have clean water less than 30 minutes from home, helping to free community members, especially women and girls, from time spent collecting water. People in some communities now have toilets in their homes, helping to stop children and families from having to go to the toilet outdoors and limiting the spread of disease.
- Students and community members who participated in hygiene trainings, or are part of a water, sanitation and hygiene club at school, have put what they learned into practice, helping to keep them safer from disease.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Community savings group members made monthly savings, helping them to pay for essentials like school fees and medical bills, and face future emergencies with more financial security.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways, and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Girls and boys took part in personal development activities focused on values and caring for others, to help them understand their worth, make healthy choices and develop positive relationships.
Prayer Requests from Eswatini
World Vision's staff in Eswatini are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Success of the campaign to end child sexual abuse in our country.
The country remains politically stable and peaceful, especially with national elections this year.
News from Eswatini
A child from Eswatini (Swaziland) at one time went days without food. Then she became sponsored. Now that she has completed her education, she provides for her mother and family.
Enjoyed learning about Eswatini?
Now discover another country: