Pray with us for Southern Africa — for malaria prevention in Mozambique and Zambia, people living with HIV and AIDS in Eswatini (Swaziland), and for peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Why World Vision is in Eswatini
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Eswatini
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- More children received their birth certificates, which means they can enjoy their rights as citizens, including going to school and accessing other public services.
- Girls and boys joined community leaders to discuss how to protect children from violence. Children are learning to speak up to protect their rights, report cases of child abuse, and particularly protect women and girls.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children have access to safe drinking water and are protected from water-related diseases after boreholes were constructed in schools and in communities. Children also learned good hygiene practices like hand washing to prevent disease.
- Through trainings on breastfeeding and nutrition, mothers learned how to help protect their infants from disease and promote healthy growth for their kids. They also learned about what foods help their babies to grow well and how to prepare meals hygienically.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Children can enjoy safer and more hygienic environments after schools received new bathrooms. New menstrual facilities also mean more girls can stay in school. In addition, other schools benefited from renovated playgrounds and fences to help keep kids safe.
Prayer Requests from Eswatini
World Vision's staff in Eswatini are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Success of the campaign to end child sexual abuse in our country.
The country remains politically stable and peaceful, especially with national elections this year.
News from Eswatini
A child from Eswatini (Swaziland) at one time went days without food. Then she became sponsored. Now that she has completed her education, she provides for her mother and family.
Enjoyed learning about Eswatini?
Now discover another country: