There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Why World Vision is in Lesotho
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Lesotho
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Farmers received supplies and training in sustainable agricultural practices, ensuring nutritious food is available for their children and the community.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- World Vision distributed educational content on COVID-19 so that kids and families could stay safe and healthy.
- Thousands of families were supported with cash, vouchers and food assistance to help meet their basic needs amidst pandemic-related lockdowns.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Schools that participated in the literacy program were equipped with new books and resources to help support kids as they learned to read.
- Girls have improved access to education after several schools were equipped with gender specific bathrooms.
Prayer Requests from Lesotho
World Vision's staff in Lesotho are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For peace and stability during upcoming elections so the country can focus on much-needed development.
News from Lesotho
Pray with us for Southern Africa — for malaria prevention in Mozambique and Zambia, people living with HIV and AIDS in Eswatini (Swaziland), and for peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Enjoyed learning about Lesotho?
Now discover another country: