There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Why World Vision is in Lesotho
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Lesotho
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Parents and community members learned about the negative impacts of early marriage and were equipped with tools to successfully prevent child marriages.
- Through training sessions, children learned about their rights and how to protect themselves and others.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- In Lesotho, mothers and caregivers learned about good nutrition for their children and how to prepare healthy meals.
- After they received agricultural support and training, families are better equipped to grow nutritious food for their kids.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Girls and boys have more resources to improve their reading and writing skills. Teachers learned new methods for literacy lessons, and reading camps helped kids get additional support outside of the classroom.
Prayer Requests from Lesotho
World Vision's staff in Lesotho are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For the Lesotho government, as it begins court proceedings for a crime involving the country’s First Lady.
For a lasting solution to the country’s HIV epidemic, and for the children who have been orphaned as a result of the disease.
News from Lesotho
Pray with us for Southern Africa — for malaria prevention in Mozambique and Zambia, people living with HIV and AIDS in Eswatini (Swaziland), and for peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Enjoyed learning about Lesotho?
Now discover another country: