Hundreds of millions of people don’t have clean water close to home, or available at all. Here are the 10 worst countries for access to clean water.
Why World Vision is in Mozambique
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Mozambique
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- More children live in communities that protect their rights. After community leaders learned about the harmful effects of child marriage, more girls are able to continue their education and delay marriage.
- After receiving their birth certificates, more than 3,000 children now have access to key government services, including being able to enroll in school.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Mothers and caregivers learned about better nutrition, including how to prepare healthy meals, and how to help protect their children from diseases. Children also received deworming treatment to help improve their health.
- Mothers in Mozambique are receiving better prenatal and postpartum care from healthcare professionals, helping to give babies a good start to life. Mothers are also learning about children's nutrition, how to help prevent diseases, and how to help keep their babies healthy.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Reading clubs and literacy camps have helped children learn to read and write. Their parents and teachers also learned how to better support their kids' literacy at home and at school.
Prayer Requests from Mozambique
World Vision's staff in Mozambique are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
That God would provide wisdom to Mozambique’s leaders to find a lasting, peaceful solution to violence, so people can enjoy life in all its fullness.
We ask God to protect Mozambique's children from the natural disasters that are becoming more frequent.
News from Mozambique
Catastrophic flooding from Cyclone Idai and Cyclone Kenneth affected close to 2.2 million people in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. Idai and Kenneth were two of the top five worst storms to ever hit Mozambique. Together, they’ve caused an unprecedented amount of damage. World Vision staff are providing shelter, food, and clean water to families in need.
Enjoyed learning about Mozambique?
Now discover another country: