World Vision photographers capture stories of children and their families to inspire us to action and compassion. They capture intimate moments that illuminate God’s grace and faithfulness as we follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed.
Why World Vision is in Myanmar
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Myanmar
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Adult and child protection groups learned about child protection, how to report abuse, and how to access child protection services and information, helping to make sure children are safe, cared for, and protected.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Community health workers and volunteers completed prenatal and postnatal training and are now caring for pregnant women and newborns, helping more moms and babies stay healthy.
- Girls and boys had their height and weight checked, helping to identify malnourished children so they can get the treatment they need. To help prevent malnutrition, caregivers of malnourished children took part in a program to teach them how to cook nutritious meals and care for young children to improve their health.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Parents were trained to support our after-school literacy program, teaching them fun ways to help their children learn to read at home. Books with local stories in the local language were given to reading camps, inspiring more children to read outside of school.
- Teachers learned new ways to teach children to read, so they can help more girls and boys learn to read and write.
Prayer Requests from Myanmar
World Vision's staff in Myanmar are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For the people of Myanmar as they face one of the worst political crises in the country’s history, and for peace.
For World Vision’s programs to be fully operational as soon as possible, so the most vulnerable children and families in the country can get the support they need.
News from Myanmar
Our world is full of hurting families and nations torn apart. More than 930 million people live in countries with conflict, violence, or fragile internal systems. Pray with us for people living in fragile contexts and conflict zones.
Enjoyed learning about Myanmar?
Now discover another country: