World Vision celebrates moments in its 70-year history when staff glimpsed God’s hand in key breakthroughs, resulting in life-saving impact. Seven stand out.
Why World Vision is in Cambodia
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Cambodia
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Teachers received training on positive discipline methods and how to keep kids safe while they're at school.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Thousands of families now have toilets in their houses, which helps reduce the spread of infectious disease in the community.
- New tap water systems were established in several communities, which helped ensure families and kids have access to clean water.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Reading clubs around Cambodia received new books with regional specific stories in local languages.
- World Vision equipped parents with strategies to support their children's efforts to learn to read.
Prayer Requests from Cambodia
World Vision's staff in Cambodia are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For Cambodian leaders who are guiding the country through the pandemic and its effects, that God would give them the wisdom to care well for all citizens.
News from Cambodia
There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Enjoyed learning about Cambodia?
Now discover another country: