World Vision celebrates moments in its 70-year history when staff glimpsed God’s hand in key breakthroughs, resulting in life-saving impact. Seven stand out.
Why World Vision is in Cambodia
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Cambodia
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children are better cared for at home after their moms and dads learned parenting skills, including how to use positive discipline.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- In Cambodia, mothers and caregivers learned about good nutrition for their children and were equipped to prepare healthy meals.
- Through fun activities, children learned how to keep themselves healthy by practicing good hygiene.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Through reading camps, students in Cambodia received better support and resources to improve their reading and writing skills.
- In Cambodia, students have access to a better education after their teachers received new resources and training.
Prayer Requests from Cambodia
World Vision's staff in Cambodia are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For protection of health and continued preventive measures in the face of COVID-19.
For safety on the roads, which are becoming more dangerous.
For clean water, which makes better sanitation and hygiene possible during the dry season.
News from Cambodia
There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Enjoyed learning about Cambodia?
Now discover another country: