Hundreds of millions of people don’t have clean water close to home, or available at all. Here are the 10 worst countries for access to clean water.
Why World Vision is in Chad
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Chad
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Parents attended trainings on positive discipline strategies, which gave them tools to care for their children in a healthy and productive way.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Nearly 2,000 families attended hygiene trainings led by World Vision, where they were equipped with strategies to stay healthy.
- Children who needed nutritional support had improved access to care after World Vision led trainings for caregivers and community members on nutrition and established nutrition programs.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Community members were empowered to run literacy groups so that children have access to additional support as they learn to read and write.
- Reading groups were started in several communities. The groups give kids more opportunities and resources to practice their reading and writing.
Prayer Requests from Chad
World Vision's staff in Chad are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For peace and social cohesion in the transition time following the president’s unexpected death and the establishment of a new government.
For the vulnerable children who are at risk of preventable diseases and malnutrition to receive the right care and protection.
News from Chad
Child labor is work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential and their dignity, and is harmful to physical and mental development. As many as 152 million children worldwide are engaged in child labor. Let’s break this topic down — in photos.
650 million women alive today were child brides, and millions of girls are at risk of marriage each year. For many, child marriage means a life of hardship, ill health, and low educational achievement. Find out the 10 worst countries in the world for child marriage and how to help prevent it.
Enjoyed learning about Chad?
Now discover another country: