Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- Community leaders and teachers were trained in laws protecting children from harmful traditional practices and ways to respond to cases of child abuse and improve protection for children.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- Parents and teachers were trained in the prevention of malaria and diarrhea and how to detect signs of malnutrition.
- We worked to increase sustainable access to clean water by drilling borehole wells and training community members in water system maintenance.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- We partnered with local education authorities and Parent Teacher Associations to strengthen the quality of education, helping to ensure that schools had enough teachers and were properly managed.
- Young people who didn’t have the opportunity to finish school received vocational training in trades such as metalworking, dressmaking, and carpentry.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Children had opportunities for spiritual nurture through Bible camps we organized.