Hundreds of millions of people don’t have clean water close to home, or available at all. Here are the 10 worst countries for access to clean water.
Why World Vision is in Chad
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Chad
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Around 700 children have improved access to government services after receiving their birth certificates to become acknowledged as citizens becoming legal citizens and receiving their birth certificates.
- Children in Chad are learning how to be change agents in their communities after being involved in World Vision's children clubs. The clubs provide a safe place for children to play and learn how they can be leaders in their community.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Families are equipped to grow more healthy food for their children after World Vision provided them with seeds and tools.
- In Chad, World Vision helped improve both access to vaccines as well as information about their importance. As a result, the rate of individuals protected from preventable diseases by vaccines grew to 87%.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Students are improving their reading and writing skills in Chad, after 56 teachers received professional development and training on improved teaching methods.
Prayer Requests from Chad
World Vision's staff in Chad are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
God will break down the walls separating the church from the community.
We will be able to help even more of vulnerable children.
News from Chad
Child labor is work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential and their dignity, and is harmful to physical and mental development. As many as 152 million children worldwide are engaged in child labor. Let’s break this topic down — in photos.
650 million women alive today were child brides, and millions of girls are at risk of marriage each year. For many, child marriage means a life of hardship, ill health, and low educational achievement. Find out the 10 worst countries in the world for child marriage and how to help prevent it.
Enjoyed learning about Chad?
Now discover another country: