Coronavirus is a family of viruses, which can cause the common cold or more severe diseases such as SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome), MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome), and the new coronavirus disease called COVID-19. Learn more about the coronavirus-caused disease pandemic and how World Vision is responding worldwide.
Why World Vision is in China
We never give up on people
With so much happening around the world, it can be hard to decide where your money can have the greatest impact. With your help through the Where Most Needed fund, we can respond quickly to urgent needs of the world's most vulnerable children and families. And, thanks to grant funds and donated products, your monthly gifts multiply 4 times in impact.
Progress in China
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Community members in China are learning key skills to actively protect children and keep all kids in their community safe.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- In China, mothers and caregivers learned about good nutrition for their children and were equipped to prepare healthy meals.
- Children and families learned how better hygiene is critical to preventing illness. They also learned how to treat childhood illnesses.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- New books and resources in several schools are helping students improve their reading and writing skills.
- Children are empowered to take the lead in improving their communities. Some kids are working on preventing bullying while others are focused on protecting the environment by recycling.
Prayer Requests from China
World Vision's staff in China are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For God’s mercy, adequate supplies, and smooth operations in World Vision’s response to COVID-19 in China.
For God’s protection of children in China, our staff, and frontline healthcare workers.
For the next generation of leaders in China.
News from China
Everywhere World Vision works, a priority for us is strengthening healthcare systems and workers, with partnerships ranging from one-room health clinics to national ministries of health. It’s also one of the four key objectives of our global coronavirus response.
What is it like to live under lockdown because of the new coronavirus outbreak? A World Vision staff member in China shares his perspective.
Enjoyed learning about China?
Now discover another country: