While progress on ending global poverty and boosting development has slowed or stalled because of the pandemic, we still have many reasons to be hopeful. As we see progress in clean water, mother and child health, advocacy work, and more, we can trust that our sovereign God hasn’t stopped working. Read evidences of God’s mercy to His people with these 11 reasons to have hope in 2021.
Why World Vision is in Honduras
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Honduras
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children and local leaders are working together to improve their communities. They attended workshops to learn about leadership, good citizenship, and how to help keep children safe and protect them from abuse.
- Through youth groups, boys and girls learned about conflict resolution, advocacy, and teamwork to build stronger communities and protect themselves from violence.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children have better access to safe drinking water and toilets after old facilities were upgraded and new facilities were built. Children also learned about good hygiene practices to reduce illness and improve health.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Youth learned practical skills to help them prepare for the future, including learning English. Teachers also attended workshops to learn new skills for teaching English.
- Youth are better prepared to start their own businesses and provide for themselves and their families. They had opportunities to study entrepreneurship and vocational skills such as hairdressing, cooking, and phone repair.
Prayer Requests from Honduras
World Vision's staff in Honduras are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
The peace and well-being of Hondurans, especially those who are most affected by injustice and inequality.
The country’s children to have access to all the opportunities they need to fully develop into flourishing adults.
News from Honduras
Enjoyed learning about Honduras?
Now discover another country: