While progress on ending global poverty and boosting development has slowed or stalled because of the pandemic, we still have many reasons to be hopeful. As we see progress in clean water, mother and child health, advocacy work, and more, we can trust that our sovereign God hasn’t stopped working. Read evidences of God’s mercy to His people with these 11 reasons to have hope in 2021.
Why World Vision is in Kenya
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Kenya
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Several communities in Kenya are being equipped with strategies to make changes that better protect children.
- Children in Kenya are advocating for their safety and their rights as they give input into community plans.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- More children have access to clean water after new water systems were built in several communities.
- Students are healthier after they learned proper hygiene habits and new latrines were built at their schools.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Thousands of kids can access education after their communities were empowered to provide the support kids need to enroll and stay in school. One community savings group, for example, raised money to pay for school fees for several children who weren't able to attend before.
Prayer Requests from Kenya
World Vision's staff in Kenya are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For our ability to respond to natural disasters like locusts, drought, and floods.
For resources to meet the needs of the most vulnerable.
For Kenyan children to progress from primary to secondary school, and not be held back by harmful practices like FGM and child marriage, or conditions like insufficient resources and overcrowded schools.
News from Kenya
Travel along with a letter to a sponsored child to learn all the steps involved in getting it from your desk to the child’s hands and then the child’s response back to you.
Enjoyed learning about Kenya?
Now discover another country: