Every day, mothers continue to love, care for, and provide for their children. On this Mother’s Day, we recognize mothers around the globe.
Why World Vision is in Lebanon
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Lebanon
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Child protection community groups have a joint plan to strengthen child protection, helping to keep more children safe.
- 588 parents learned positive parenting skills, including how to discipline children without physical or emotional punishment, helping to protect girls and boys from abuse.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- 7,000 people received information on how to use measures like handwashing and social distancing, helping to protect children and families from COVID-19.
- Face masks and medical gloves were given to health facilities, community health workers and caregivers, helping to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Children and young people attended our life skills training, empowering them with new skills and confidence for the future.
Prayer Requests from Lebanon
World Vision's staff in Lebanon are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For the people who have lost loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic, that they would find comfort, peace, and protection in God.
For one of Lebanon’s most difficult economic crises — for economic and social stability as hyperinflation increases during the pandemic and regional unrest.
News from Lebanon
Our world is full of hurting families and nations torn apart. More than 930 million people live in countries with conflict, violence, or fragile internal systems. Pray with us for people living in fragile contexts and conflict zones.
Enjoyed learning about Lebanon?
Now discover another country: