Pray for West Africa: Pray for political and economic stability, maternal and child health, and sponsored children.
Why World Vision is in Mauritania
We never give up on people
With so much happening around the world, it can be hard to decide where your money can have the greatest impact. With your help through the Where Most Needed fund, we can respond quickly to urgent needs of the world's most vulnerable children and families. And, thanks to grant funds and donated products, your monthly gifts multiply 4 times in impact.
Progress in Mauritania
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Girls and boys learned key ways to keep themselves safe. They then taught members of their community those learnings and advocated for better child protection.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Mothers in Mauritania are receiving better prenatal care and childbirth assistance from healthcare professionals, helping give babies a good start to life.
- Families received fortified flour in several communities in Mauritania to help ensure their children get the nutrients they need to develop and grow.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Weekly reading clubs gave children an opportunity to strengthen their reading and writing skills outside of the classroom.
- Nearly 1,500 preschool-aged children attended early education classes, easing their transition into kindergarten through activities that fostered their development and exposed them to a learning environment.
Prayer Requests from Mauritania
World Vision's staff in Mauritania are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
An end to violence against children and early childhood marriage.
Children's reading, writing, math, and everyday life skills to improve so they can live productive lives.
News from Mauritania
Enjoyed learning about Mauritania?
Now discover another country: