World Vision’s award-winning photographers travel the world to bring home stories of children and their families to inspire us to action and compassion. They capture intimate moments that illuminate God’s grace and faithfulness as we follow Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed.
Why World Vision is in Mexico
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Mexico
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Youth learned more about their rights, how to live peacefully with others, and the importance of self-care through various training sessions. They also learned how to empower other children to advocate for their rights.
- Children learned how to be agents of change and reduce violence in their communities. They had opportunities to speak up about violence, abuse, and other child-protection concerns in their lives.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children learned to help keep themselves healthy and prevent diseases through proper hygiene and sanitation. Also, new hand-washing stations and latrines were built at several schools.
- Girls and boys are safer from water-related illnesses after World Vision programs increased access to clean water and their parents learned how to treat water, making it safe to drink.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Girls and boys participated in afterschool activities like sports, music, and cultural activities to enhance their education and well-being. They also learned about the importance of making these activities part of their daily routines.
Prayer Requests from Mexico
World Vision's staff in Mexico are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For every child in Mexico, that we can continue reaching and serving the most vulnerable families to transform their lives.
Improvement of the political and economic systems, and the next presidential election would be in God's hands.
News from Mexico
Here are basic facts and FAQs about Central America migration, how World Vision addresses root causes of poverty there, and how you can help. One program raising promise among vulnerable youth in Central America is Youth Ready. Through this approach, we help young people discover their potential, develop specific career and life skills, establish support networks, build character and confidence, and plan for their future in their communities. This is work is made possible, largely because of child sponsorship.
Please pray with us for World Vision’s work in North America, including Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
Enjoyed learning about Mexico?
Now discover another country: