In a year like no other, we could all use an extra dose of joy. Why not share a little more with your loved ones this Christmas? It’s easy — with gifts that give back through the World Vision Gift Catalog. This season’s catalog features handcrafted jewelry and home décor items designed by celebrities like Sadie Robertson Huff, Patricia Heaton, Melissa Joan Hart, Wé McDonald, and Leanne Ford. Each unique gift helps empower people to rise out of poverty by meeting specific, urgent needs through the World Vision Fund. Learn the stories of the artisans behind these beautiful gifts that change lives.
Why World Vision is in Viet Nam
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Viet Nam
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children were empowered to make their communities safer for kids by presenting their recommendations to local leaders. Also, nearly 200 children used their voices to advocate for child safety.
- Parents learned positive parenting skills and how to create safer environments for their children at home and in the community.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Farmers learned new techniques to increase the quality and the quantity of their harvests. Now, parents are able to produce and sell more food to support their families.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Youth are better prepared to earn a steady income after they received vocational training. They learned about career opportunities and how to start a small business.
- Children are able to improve their literacy skills through special reading spaces in schools and access to more books.
Prayer Requests from Viet Nam
World Vision's staff in Viet Nam are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For safety from the spread of disease.
For the government to enact wise agricultural planning and trade policy.
For adults in Viet Nam to make the country a safe place for children.
News from Viet Nam
Enjoyed learning about Viet Nam?
Now discover another country: