This Christmas, the World Vision Gift Catalog features new handcrafted gifts in the celebrity-designed, artisan-made collection. Read the stories behind the fair-trade artisans around the world who create these unique gifts.
Why World Vision is in Viet Nam
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Viet Nam
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Community members were empowered to keep kids in their community safe by attending a training on child protection strategies.
- Caregivers were given tools to ensure their long term financial health so they can provide for their families. Farmers were trained in sustainable agriculture practices and other families were given microloans needed for their businesses.
- Children began advocating in their communities for better protection for children. World Vision helped children access resources and training to begin to speak out against harmful practices in their communities.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Public hand washing stations were built in several communities to encourage community members to wash their hands more to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
- Hospital and families were given supplies such as soap, gloves, and personal protective equipment to protect against COVID-19.
Prayer Requests from Viet Nam
World Vision's staff in Viet Nam are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For parents to embrace trainings on biblical values and peaceful parenting, so their children can grow up in loving and safe homes.
For wisdom for Viet Nam’s leaders to help the economy recover quickly, so families can earn enough to sustain their households.
News from Viet Nam
In a year like no other, we could all use an extra dose of joy. Why not share a little more with your loved ones this Christmas? It’s easy — with gifts that give back through the World Vision Gift Catalog. This season’s catalog features handcrafted jewelry and home décor items designed by celebrities like Sadie Robertson Huff, Patricia Heaton, Melissa Joan Hart, Wé McDonald, and Leanne Ford. Each unique gift helps empower people to rise out of poverty by meeting specific, urgent needs through the World Vision Fund. Learn the stories of the artisans behind these beautiful gifts that change lives.
Enjoyed learning about Viet Nam?
Now discover another country: