Even though you may be on vacation, want to keep your mind from taking one? Here are some of our favorite books and movies to grow your faith, inspire your family, and expand your worldview this summer.
- The Listening Life: Embracing Attentiveness in a World of Distraction by Adam S. McHugh
- The Storm-Tossed Family: How the Cross Reshapes the Home by Russell Moore
- Don’t Settle for Safe: Embracing the Uncomfortable and Becoming Unstoppable by Sarah Jakes Roberts
Challenge my faith
- Holy Is the Day: Living in the Gift of the Present by Carolyn Weber
- The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith
- White Picket Fences: Turning Toward Love in a World Divided by Privilege by Amy Julia Becker / The reality of privilege is uncomfortable but needs to be talked about.
- Elephant Company: The Inspiring Story of an Unlikely Hero and the Animals Who Helped Him Save Lives in World War II by Vicki Croke
- No One Ever Asked by Katie Ganshert / What happens when a poor school district merges with a wealthier one?
- Missing Isaac by Valerie Fraser Luesse / A challenging story centered around race and class in 1960s Alabama.
The Delusion by Laura Gallier / A suspenseful story that shows the reality of spiritual warfare.
Summer in the Forest (Not Rated) / Four men beat the system and forge a friendship among the trees.
Build my faith
I Can Only Imagine (PG) / The story of MercyMe’s lead singer, Bart Millard, and how he came to write his powerful song that brings ultimate hope and forgiveness.
The Case for Christ (PG) / How does an atheist become a Christian? Lee Strobel’s story answers that question.
Inspire my family
Wonder (PG) / A boy with facial differences enters a mainstream school.
All Saints (PG) / A man decides to trade in his sales career to become a pastor.