There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Why World Vision is in Armenia
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Armenia
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children's clubs are empowering kids in Armenia to be actively involved in improving their communities, particularly by making them safe for everyone.
- Advocacy training has empowered children and adults to improve their community. For example, students successfully advocated for better computer labs and learning clubs, while parents advocated for heating systems for their kids' schools.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Mothers are learning to better care for their children's health, including how to get treatment when kids are sick and how to prevent diseases with vaccines.
- Healthcare workers are now better equipped to provide medical care for 2,600 children in their community.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- After teachers in Armenia learned about inclusive teaching methods and first aid, the safety and quality of learning environments improved for nearly 1,500 students.
Prayer Requests from Armenia
World Vision's staff in Armenia are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For safety and peace along the border with Azerbaijan, especially for the most vulnerable.
For more donors, both private and corporate, local and international.
News from Armenia
A safe and supportive place for breastfeeding moms is a life-saving gift for the youngest and most vulnerable survivors of conflict or disaster. World Vision’s women and young children spaces help moms provide nutrition and nurture for children under age 5.
Enjoyed learning about Armenia?
Now discover another country: