A safe and supportive place for breastfeeding moms is a life-saving gift for the youngest and most vulnerable survivors of conflict or disaster. World Vision’s women and young children spaces help moms provide nutrition and nurture for children under age 5.
Why World Vision is in Armenia
Armenia’s government is shifting toward more just systems. To combat one significant and pervasive issue, the country’s parliament is creating a historic law criminalizing domestic violence. Child poverty rates remain high: nearly two in three children live without access to basics like sufficient housing and electricity, and financial poverty in many families makes these needs even worse. Negative cultural biases against women contribute to high levels of gender violence, especially toward young girls. Our Caring for Equality program is working to overcome these stereotypes and change harmful behaviors in families and communities. Your support is helping to protect and educate these vulnerable children, strengthening early childhood development and empowering youth. We’re working with local governments to establish official social workers in communities, which keeps vulnerable kids with their families. Thousands of kids are learning to keep themselves healthy, understanding their own rights, and participating in vocational training. Through training sessions, parents are getting practical tools for nurturing their children through all stages of development. As you’re helping us address the root causes of rural poverty, communities are seeing economic renewal. Practically, this means that thousands of farmers and their families are learning financial literacy and market skills, empowering them to break generational cycles of poverty.
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Armenia
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Caregivers and community partners, including faith leaders and teachers, in Albania were trained on positive discipline and parenting practices. Through our Celebrating Families model, faith leaders were able to recognize how they could help families in their own congregations.
- Children and adults in Albania were educated about child rights and protection issues. This education included how to correctly identify, understand and respond to violations of child rights by taking appropriate reporting and referral actions.
- Parents of vulnerable children in Albania formed groups to help producers of goods, like potatoes and wool, to work together and earn greater profits. These profits helped provide the basic material needs for their children through their own means.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Parents and grandparents in Albania are learning critical skills for the health and development of children under 3 years old. This included lessons on the benefits of breastfeeding and how to prepared nutritionally balanced meals as children grow.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Through a collaboration to support vocational training with partners in Albania, youth are learning how to cultivate essential life skills for the future. Youth are also participating in clubs where they are learning critical thinking, public speaking, and advocacy skills.
Prayer Requests from Armenia
World Vision's staff in Armenia are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
No hostilities to occur in our borders.
Recovery of agricultural stagnation and a successful harvest for our farmers.
News from Armenia
Enjoyed learning about Armenia?
Now discover another country: