Child marriage is a violation of human rights. Marrying as a child compromises a girl’s development and severely limits her opportunities in life. Get the child marriage facts and learn how you can help end it.
Why World Vision is in Ghana
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Ghana
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Thousands of adults were equipped to protect the children in their communities from abuse after attending trainings on identifying and reporting abuse.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children were taught about hygiene and given access to tools such as hand-washing stations at their homes and schools.
- Families have access to clean water closer to home after World Vision helped established clean water sources within 30 minutes of several communities.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- World Vision initiated a campaign to spread awareness about the importance of education for children with the goal of helping community members understand why all children need to be in school.
- More children are accessing pre-school after World Vision helped spread awareness on the impact of early education as a foundation to later learning.
Prayer Requests from Ghana
World Vision's staff in Ghana are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For God’s peace to continue to prevail over the nation.
That families who have been affected by COVID-19 will be healed.
News from Ghana
Pray for West Africa: Pray for political and economic stability, maternal and child health, and sponsored children.
Enjoyed learning about Ghana?
Now discover another country: