Child labor and exploitation, female genital mutilation (FGM), and human trafficking are among the greatest evils in the world. Pray with us for an end to all harm against children and for World Vision’s work to protect children.
Why World Vision is in Philippines
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Philippines
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children and young adults were given a voice in their local governments to make changes on issues that directly affect them. One municipality passed new laws to prohibit physical punishment of children.
- More than 8,000 children learned about children's rights and how to protect themselves and others. Training sessions helped equip them to stay safe both in their communities and online.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- In the Philippines, mothers and caregivers attended training sessions on nutrition so they can help keep their children healthy and well-nourished.
- Children were empowered to help keep themselves healthy. They attended workshops where they learned about diseases like tuberculosis and HIV and how to avoid getting sick.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Youth began preparing for the job market through training sessions about interviewing and job searching. Students also learned about various career paths and the skills necessary to pursue their goals.
Prayer Requests from Philippines
World Vision's staff in Philippines are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For children to be protected against violence and abuse, especially from the growing threat of online sexual exploitation.
For Filipino families’ resilience in the face of repeated natural disasters.
For staff to be continually inspired to serve vulnerable children.
News from Philippines
A World Vision former sponsored child in the Philippines now works as a healthcare worker. She was studying to be an OB-GYN nurse when the coronavirus struck. Now she works as a frontline healthcare worker caring for people infected with the virus.
There’s something special about handmade crafts at Christmastime. So we asked some of the children and families we help around the world to share their favorite Christmas crafts with you! Learn how to make DIY Christmas crafts from Armenia, Cambodia, the Dominican Republic, Lesotho, and the Philippines.
Enjoyed learning about Philippines?
Now discover another country: