Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- We focused on providing children with better nutrition through self-sustaining agricultural options, such as backyard gardens, laying hens, and milk goats.
- World Vision formed children’s councils and held campaigns focused on child rights and protection. During these activities, children learned both about their rights and their duties as members of society.
- We organized awareness campaigns and conducted workshops that informed parents and children about children's rights and how they should respond to reports of child abuse.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- To improve children's nutrition, World Vision held information sessions for parents of young children on exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months and feeding toddlers nutritious protein, fruits, and vegetables.
- We identified vulnerable and disabled children and supported them with medicine, eye exams, medical tests, wheelchairs, and speech therapy services.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- To promote school attendance among the most vulnerable children, we worked with parents on how to be more involved in their children’s education at home, such as by creating space and time for kids to focus on their studies each day.
- We worked with local leaders to identify vulnerable families and encourage their children to succeed in school by attending remedial classes that help them keep up with their classmates.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Relying on God's grace and Spirit, our local staff served children and families as a demonstration of God's unconditional love, seeking always to be faithful ambassadors of Jesus, the reason for our hope.