Every day, mothers continue to love, care for, and provide for their children. On this Mother’s Day, we recognize mothers around the globe.
Why World Vision is in Zambia
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Zambia
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- More families now have a toilet at home, helping to keep everyone safer from diseases like diarrhea and cholera.
- Thousands of children, parents, and caregivers were given education kits or training as part of World Vision's COVID-19 response, helping children to learn at home.
- Women and men living below the poverty line accessed financial services like savings and loans, helping them to provide for their children's daily needs.
- More girls and boys now have safe water at their schools, and more families now have access to clean water less than 30 minutes from their homes, preventing sickness and diseases that come from drinking unsafe water.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Thousands of books with local stories in the local language were given to schools, inspiring more children to learn to read.
Prayer Requests from Zambia
World Vision's staff in Zambia are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For government leaders to make the right decisions that will improve the living conditions of people who have fallen deeper into poverty from the COVID-19 pandemic.
For peace to reign in the country as people vote in general elections mid-2021.
News from Zambia
World Vision is committed to help bridge barriers for vulnerable people who face each day with a disability. As we take steps to do so, we reflect on powerful moments and stories brought about through our work.
Hunger is on the rise in Africa. Learn facts about drought, famine, malnutrition, and hunger in Africa as well as how you can help World Vision respond.
Enjoyed learning about Zambia?
Now discover another country: