God is with people suffering from disaster — refugees, families facing famine, survivors of earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis. Join us in prayer for all who find themselves “strangers,” as Jesus calls them in Matthew 25:35.
Why World Vision is in Ecuador
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Ecuador
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children feel safer in their communities after learning about their rights, how to advocate for their rights, and how to prevent and report child abuse.
- Mothers and fathers improved their parenting skills through workshops where they learned how to raise their children with love and compassion.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- Children and families learned about the importance of proper handwashing and how to prepare balanced diets for their children, keeping kids healthy and well-nourished.
- Children are healthier after receiving growth monitoring, deworming treatments, Vitamin A, and vaccinations to protect them from diseases such as measles.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Children in Ecuador attended workshops that involved painting, theater, and sports. They were able to grow in their friendships and think about goals for their future.
Prayer Requests from Ecuador
World Vision's staff in Ecuador are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For parents to show their children affection and encourage their development.
That children will grow in wisdom to become leaders in their communities, and that existing government will pass just laws that protect the vulnerable.
For families to safely weather the winter rains, floods, and insect-born illnesses.
News from Ecuador
In late 2015, World Vision launched Every Last One (ELO) — a $1 billion capital campaign over eight years to make life, hope, and a future possible for 60 million people. Explore the work that has already been done, and help us make an even bigger impact faster.
Read a few stories of how the lives of children and families change when they receive animals — like goats, chickens, and alpacas — through the World Vision Gift Catalog. We hope these animal tales will warm your Thanksgiving.
Enjoyed learning about Ecuador?
Now discover another country: