Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- Adolescents have participated in our trainings on child rights and child protection and their parents attended our courses on nurturing their children with tenderness in order to provide family environments that are safe and healthy.
- To create new sources of food and income to support their children's needs, families were trained on entrepreneurship and agricultural production by World Vision and its partners.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- Thanks to our partnership with community health providers, residents have been trained on preventing childhood diseases, healthy nutrition, proper hygiene, and reproductive health.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- We encouraged parents to get involved in their children’s education and advocate for better schools for their children.
- Students benefited from improved reading skills when we trained teachers on effective literacy methods, added new reading spaces and books at school, and implemented a program in which kids take books home to read with their families.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Our local staff served children and families as a demonstration of God's unconditional love, seeking always to be faithful ambassadors of Jesus, the reason for our hope.