Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- 3,500 children joined a student council that helped raise awareness in their schools on child protection issues including school violence and absenteeism.
- Young people participated in vocational education and an internship program we created to help them gain skills and experience in the labor market for a successful future.
- We created a manual for school counselors, social workers, and teachers so they could teach children and youth about online risks to their safety and be better protected.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- To improve maternal and child health, our community health workers provided counseling to 568 pregnant women on prenatal care and childhood health and nutrition.
- We formed Community Action Groups with representatives from the Ministry of Health and faith-based organizations. The groups worked together to identify health needs in their communities and identify solutions.
- 4,000 students were trained on handwashing, personal hygiene, and waste management improving community sanitation.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- Language and math teachers participated in workshops we organized to help them update their teaching skills and improve education for primary students.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Following Christ’s example, we worked alongside children and families to change lives, promote peace and understanding, and demonstrate God’s unconditional love.