Pray with us for the Middle East — for Syrians displaced by civil war, refugee host communities throughout the region, and maternal and child health in Afghanistan.
Why World Vision is in Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza
Progress in Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children were equipped to be their own advocates and several of them took opportunities to speak out against harm or advocate for improved safety in their communities.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- About 100 families were given hygiene kits to keep them safe from COVID-19.
- World Vision helped educate communities on COVID-19 and how to protect against it.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Early education became a bigger priority in many households. More children aged 3-6 were sent to preschool and parents attended trainings on how to support their youngest children's learning at home.
- Teachers received training and had regular opportunities to interact with and learn from their peers in early education training sessions hosted by World Vision.
Prayer Requests from Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza
World Vision's staff in Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For the people we serve who live in unstable situations and constantly struggle to survive and feed their families, as the pandemic made them even more vulnerable when it disrupted the economy and normal routines.
As we begin new area programs this year in the Jordan Valley, the poorest region of the West Bank and the area that often experiences the most conflict, please pray for wisdom and discernment while we develop new community relationships and register children in the programs.
News from Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza
Thousands of families are fleeing war and violence in Syria in hope of finding peace. Check out this interactive Google map of the refugee journey.
Children living in Lebanon as refugees from the war in Syria want people to hear them speak about their dreams and struggles. Hear from Syria’s children.
Enjoyed learning about Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza?
Now discover another country: