Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- To empower children to become agents of change in their communities, World Vision supported kids' clubs where students were trained on child protection and learned to advocate for their rights with local leaders.
- We offered workshops for community leaders on child protection so they can better monitor issues that are impacting children's lives and well-being, such as abuse and neglect.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- To improve the health of boys and girls in Sierra Leone, World Vision sent healthcare workers to teach mothers about childhood nutrition and disease prevention. We also provided insecticide-treated mosquito nets and medicine to help the community combat malaria for kids and adults.
- To ensure that children and their caregivers have easier access to health services, we built new local clinics and rehabilitated others that were in ill repair.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- To improve schools, we trained school management committees to build better infrastructures, monitor the quality of teaching, and increase parents' participation in their children's education.
- To improve the quality of education for children, programs in Sierra Leone supported school teachers by providing them with online courses on teaching skills and methods that they could complete in their rural locations.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Our local staff served children and families as a demonstration of God's unconditional love, seeking always to be faithful ambassadors of Jesus, the reason for our hope.