In times of crisis, World Vision establishes Child-Friendly Spaces where children can go and feel safe, begin recovering from trauma, and learn to play again. Read how play is crucial for children’s learning and recovery.
Why World Vision is in Albania
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Albania
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- More than 300 mothers and fathers learned parenting skills, including age-appropriate communication and positive discipline.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- During a flooding emergency, families received food to help ensure children stayed well-nourished.
- Around 550 students benefited from renovated school bathrooms, which included improved access for students with disabilities.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- In Albania, children with disabilities are getting the resources they need to help them be successful in school. World Vision trained teachers in inclusive teaching methods and how to design quality learning spaces for children with special needs.
- Nearly 100 teens learned about the social and emotional issues they may encounter and how to make healthy decisions.
Prayer Requests from Albania
World Vision's staff in Albania are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
For our country’s political and economic situation to improve, especially so families living in poverty will have needed support, and for God’s grace and direction in the election process.
For protection for all people at higher risk of the virus, and that God would bring healing as He removes fear and anxiety from people.
News from Albania
Pray for Eastern Europe — for mothers and their unborn babies, for neglected and abused children, and for marginalized communities in Eastern Europe.
Starting in 1950 with the Korean War, World Vision has responded to the most urgent disasters and humanitarian crises around the world, providing immediate aid.
Enjoyed learning about Albania?
Now discover another country: