Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for
by their families, and participating in their communities
as agents of transformation.
- Thanks to their participation in our child protection groups, children and adolescents have been encouraged to advocate more effectively for their rights to healthcare and education and to participate in decision-making processes in their communities.
- To improve community healthcare and education, we offered trainings to community members on how to advocate with public officials for quality services for children and families.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished,
protected from infection and disease, and have access to
essential health services.
- World Vision focused on creating campaigns to inform communities about the Zika virus in order to prevent the spread of this disease. Zika is a mosquito-borne virus than can cause birth defects in babies.
- To improve health and nutrition for children under age 5, parents have been trained on nutritious meal preparation, personal hygiene, and preventing and treating infectious diseases.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to
develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future,
and families and communities support children's education.
- To offer kids new opportunities to learn new skills and build relationships, we provided children and adolescents with after school sports and arts activities.
- We partnered with educators to improve children's reading skills by supporting libraries, inviting authors to visit, and encouraging kids to read at home.
Love of God and Neighbors
Children and families are growing spiritually, local
churches are strengthened to demonstrate Christ's love in practical ways,
and people are living at peace with their neighbors.
- Our local staff served children and families as a demonstration of God's unconditional love, seeking always to be faithful ambassadors of Jesus, the reason for our hope.