While progress on ending global poverty and boosting development has slowed or stalled because of the pandemic, we still have many reasons to be hopeful. As we see progress in clean water, mother and child health, advocacy work, and more, we can trust that our sovereign God hasn’t stopped working. Read evidences of God’s mercy to His people with these 11 reasons to have hope in 2021.
Why World Vision is in Brazil
We never give up on people
World Vision child sponsorship looks at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their community, and then works with that community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better life for all children. For sponsors, it’s a personal way to show God’s love to a child in need in a life-changing way.
Progress in Brazil
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we’re making great progress toward the well-being of children and their families.
Child Protection and Care
Boys and girls are safe and valued, well cared for by their families, and participating in their communities as agents of transformation.
- Children are empowered to be leaders after learning how to advocate for their rights with the local government and adults in their community.
Healthy Children and Families
Children and families are well nourished, protected from infection and disease, and have access to essential health services.
- In Brazil, children were empowered to take the lead on improving their health through regular exercise and practicing good hygiene habits.
- Community members are learning to speak up for children's rights. They are advocating for better public health policies and educating others about keeping children safe.
Education for Better Lives
Children have opportunities to learn and to develop their talents, young people are equipped for the future, and families and communities support children's education.
- Students now have access to improved resources at schools, after many schools in Brazil received digital learning resources and thousands of new books for their libraries.
- Teachers are better equipped with new tools and skills to create more innovative and inclusive classrooms. In one region of Brazil, teachers learned how to use digital resources to teach math. Other teachers received resources to create accessible classrooms for students with disabilities.
Prayer Requests from Brazil
World Vision's staff in Brazil are asking us to join them in prayer for the following:
Gang violence and drug trafficking in two states won't keep causing many innocent deaths and drawing youth away from school into gangs.
Decrease the high teenage pregnancy rates that are making many young women drop out of school unsupported by their families or the fathers.
News from Brazil
The Solidarity, a hospital ship operated by World Vision, has sailed to isolated communities to deliver food boxes, essential first-aid supplies, and provide medical care to 1,000 families in Brazil hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.
Enjoyed learning about Brazil?
Now discover another country: